Rotary Club of Farnham
Rotary Charity Cyclathon
will take place from 8am to 8pm
on 23 March 2019 at
The Maltings, GU9 7QR
Go to Event Programme – Click here
© Jo Sargeant
Flyer – Click here
Raising Funds for Charities
The main purpose of this event is to raise funds for the Rotary
Charities in the Farnham area and abroad. These include charities such as Bells
Piece, Woodlarks, Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice and the new Brightwells Centre now
How to Take Part in this Event
1. Please read the rules of the competition below.
2. If you want to enter a Charter Team in order to raise funds for your own chosen charity or good cause, please also read the section below on ‘How Charter Teams Work’. Then apply for approval as a Charter Team before actually making a team application.
Enter a team by completing
one of the application forms in 4 below.
(Adult teams are four people and you must choose a category – Adult (16 – 60), Over 60s, Family (2 or 3 adults + 1 or 2 children), Novelty Dressed (4 people of any age). School/Youth teams are for 5 riders)
4. Make your team application to secure your preferred timeslot:
· General Application Form (Adult or Family Team) – Click here
· Schools or Youth Teams – Click here
Rules of the Competition
1. Except for school teams, each team will consist of 4 people who will cycle for a total period of 50 minutes, each person cycling 12½ mins; a child (<16 years) or two children in a family team will cycle for 10 mins each, with the adults splitting the 30 or 40 mins required equally.
2. School teams will comprise 5 children (<16 years) who each cycle for 10 minutes.
3. For each timeslot, Rotary will appoint a marshal who will be required to ensure correct timings, record the distance of each rider at the end of his/her period and give a signed certificate of the team’s record to the Chief Marshal.
4. The teams in each category that cycle the furthest will win their category prize. Teams that do not fit into a category can take part but will not be eligible to win a prize.
5. Each team entry requires a prior deposit of £100, normally with a cheque payable to The Rotary Club of Farnham Benevolent Fund by 15 February 2019. However, this prior requirement is waived if you have either:
· already obtained sponsorship for £100 via the MyDonate.com website in the name of the team, or
· the team is being sponsored by a member of the Rotary Clubs of Farnham or Farnham Weyside who guarantees the minimum £100 sponsorship.
6. Teams are all urged to use the MyDonate website for their donations
as far as possible as there is no charge or deduction made by MyDonate (though
small charges are still made by the card companies). This form should be signed
and posted to: Rotary Cyclathon, c/o The Spinney,
7. Entrants with a heart condition, high blood pressure or a condition requiring the avoidance of strenuous activity should check with their doctor that this event is not considered a risk.
Click here for General Guidance Notes on entering the competition
If you are going to get sponsorship
from people who will give you cash or cheques,
print the Sponsorship Form to record the details and help us to get the extra 25% Gift Aid – click here
We are inviting local organisations to use Charter Teams
as a means of directly
raising funds for their own charities and good causes.
Charitable bodies, clubs, schools etc are invited to register as Charter Teams.
Charter Teams will be allocated one or more of our time
make their own fund-raising arrangements, retaining all the funds raised
for the charity or good cause of their choice.
If the organisation is not itself a registered charity, we need you to describe your
activities and objectives and the purposes for which you
are raising funds. However, The Rotary Club of
Farnham reserves the right to decline applications without giving reasons.
Charter Teams can also be registered in one of the categories defined above and
take part in the competitions within those categories, but they do not have to do this.
Rotary requests a non-refundable donation of £100 per timeslot to cover the
costs of staging the event and to make a contribution to the Rotary charities. The
funds raised by charter teams must be reported to Rotary after the event so
we can judge the outcome of the overall event and determine the total raised.
When Charter Teams have been accepted, they should then proceed
to register their
teams and riders on one of the team application forms linked above.
Event Programme – Click here
Go to our club donation page by clicking the above MyDonate button or by scanning the QR Code
Results of 2018 Cyclathon – click here